Artist Statement & Biography
How to communicate the subdued pleasantness of a perfect summer day, the internal quiet of a sunset, or the sound of leaves crackling underfoot? These are experiences that we take for granted, the essence of which, if distilled, should impart the essential pleasure of that perfect light, a scent in the air, the sound of silence. I strive to push the boundaries between photography and other art forms to communicate the inherent vibrance of the world around us.
An award-winning artist, Amy owns and curates Ghostwolf Gallery and is also currently represented by The Range Cafe (Bernalillo & ABQ, NM). Skilled in post-production, she works as an artist full-time. She shares her studio with her two dogs and husband Stefan. The duo founded Aperture Photography, which provides a wide range of photographic services, in 2010. Amy is actively involved in promoting the arts, currently serving as Vice-President of CSA/New Mexico Artists' Market and volunteering her social media skills to several prominent shows and galleries in central NM.
Inquiries regarding purchase of her work can be made via this website or call 505.286.1127
CSA/New Mexico Artists' Market (Vice President, 2015-2017; Social Media Manager- since March 2013)
Santa Fe Artists Market (2016-Present)
- Second Place "Where There's Smoke"- IMAGE New Mexico (2011)
- Honorable mention "Straw Horse"- 21st Annual Fall American Photography Competition at the Hubbard Museum of the American West (Fall 2012- Spring 2013).
- Honorable mention "Solace" abq ARTS 6th Annual Editor's Choice Photo Contest (July/August 2013).
- Juror's Choice "Meanwhile, Back in Kansas" & winner's circle "Dead Head"- Color it Red 2014, Red Dog News & Matrix Fine Art.
Best Booth New Mexico Wine Festival at Bernalillo (2014)
- First Place "Dia de los Moo-uertos"; "Temptation" & "Local Geometry" winner's showcase gallery- Color it Red 2015, Red Dog News
- Best Digital Artist, New Mexico Arts & Crafts Festival (2015, 2016)
- Poster & T-shirt Artist, 27th Annual Balloon Fiesta Show, Rio Grande Arts & Crafts Festival (2015)
- Branding artist for the Corrales Art & Studio Tour (2016)
- Branding artist for the Placitas Artists' Series (2016-2017)
- "Immaculate Perception", winner's showcase Color it Red 2016, Red Dog News
- "Red Head #2: The Flapper", winner's showcase Color it Red 2016, Red Dog News
Juried & One-man Shows
- Annual New Mexico Photographic Art Show (ANMPAS- 2011-2014)
- In the Mind's Eye- (Albuquerque Photographers Gallery- February 2012)
- In Sight NM- (2012-2014)
- Corrales Society of Artists' Holiday Art Show (2012, 2014)
- Corrales Studio Art Tour (2013, 2015, 2016)
- IMAGE NM (2011, 2014) "Dusk 'Till Dawn"
- O'Niell's Irish Pub- One-Man show, Artist of the Month (December 2013)
- Placitas Artists' Series- December 2014-2016.
- Black & White Group Exhibition New Mexico Art League March/April 2015. "Dusk 'Till Dawn"
- Popejoy Hall Benefactor's Lounge, Albuquerque, NM; One-Man Show, March 2016
- "On & Around Route 66", Loma Colorado Main Library, Rio Rancho, NM; One-Man Show, June-July2016
- Popejoy Hall Benefactor's Lounge, Albuquerque, NM; One-Man Show, March 2017
- Diffusion Magazine Volume IV: Muse Showcase "Blue Chamisa #5" (2012)
- abq Arts 6th Annual Editor's Choice Photo Contest: July 2013 (Honorable mention: "Solace")
- Shadow & Light Magazine September/October 2014 ("Meanwhile, Back in Kansas", showcase image)
- Local Flavor Magazine "Winter on Canvas" featuring "Solace"
- Shadow & Light Magazine May/June 2015 ("Local Geometry", showcase image)
- Malpais Review Spring 2015 front & back cover art "San Francisco Skyline" & "Meanwhile, Back in Kansas"
- CSA/New Mexico Artists' Market 2014 calendar. (Featured artist "Dark & Stormy Night"- June. "Solace" honorable mention, back cover.)
- Shadow & Light Magazine March/April 2017, Showcase Portfolio
Annual Juried Shows:
and many more...
Juror, Annual METRO Photography Competition for Albuquerque High School Students (2013-2015; 2017)
Juror, The Way I See It, Annual Juried Show at The Albuquerque Photographers' Gallery (2013)
Judge, Patterns & Textures for the Enchanted Lens Camera Club (2015)
Juror, ANMPAS 2015
If you are here visiting with an interest in professional services, please stop by our business website!